HVAC QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST – INSTALLATIONS
Hey, thanks for your interest in Verde! Here you’ll find a team of deeply driven individuals who want to earn a living in pursuit of making the world a better place.
We are results driven and being a self starter is a must. Employees need to be able to make judgement calls and execute on ideas without consistent oversight. On the flip side of that coin, you have immense freedom to operate on your terms in whatever fashion you deem best to drive results. To succeed at our company, you will always be learning and trying new things, so expect to frequently leave your comfort zone and emerge more confident than you thought possible.
As a leader on the installation team, you will be responsible for the installation of new commercial rooftop HVAC units. You must have experience in commercial HVAC installation and service, and be able to fully and independently install RTUs.
AS A TEAM MEMBER, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Display good communication and interpersonal skills with the rest of the Verde team, as well as our customers.
- Enjoy being at new places everyday, and being comfortable out in the field.
- Be willing to learn, produce technical drawings, and analyze lots of data.
- Care about the environment, sustainability, and saving Chicago energy.
- Have a reliable vehicle.
- Also a plus if English is not your only language.
- An electrical background is a plus.
- EPA license required, or able to apply for within a reasonable amount time.
- Understand all permit requirements for HVAC installations, and have proper licenses required for installations in Chicagoland.
- Ability to install and program smart thermostats on new and existing units
- Willingness to learn how to install kitchen exhaust fans and other new equipment.
- Schedule crane, curb measurements, scrap, and other HVAC related project management.
SPECIFIC TASKS WOULD NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- You will need to know all of our products and their application on various job sites.
- You will need to be able to problem solve issues while you’re on a job site and make recommendations based on issues you discover in regards to products.
- Conduct pre-inspections and post-inspections with ComEd.
- Troubleshoot HVAC issues for our commercial customers.
- Experience with boilers and water heating a plus.