Mission: Verde reduces energy and inefficiencies within our business community.
We implement and stand behind our recommendations.
Vision: Changing the way businesses look at sustainability investment.
• Confident & resilient
• Taking pride in our work
• Humble & gracious
• Positive contagious energy
• Eloquent communication
• Curiously exploring new solutions
The Installation Assistant is responsible for supporting the installation crew and helping with preparation,
transportation and completion of Verde projects. In order to ensure success in the position they must be
reliable, organized, able to assess needs, desire to learn and grow technical skills related to energy efficiency and
able to transport materials around Northern IL to various job sites. This role reports to the designated crew chief
and indirectly to Sr. Crew Chief.
• Reports to warehouse prior to start of jobs to assist with gathering and loading materials and supplies for
the day. Start times can be as early as 5am.
• Utilizing personal transportation vehicle, travels to various job sites as a runner to pick up, deliver or retrieve
materials and supplies.
• Utilizes google email, calendar, drive and various other software programs in order to support the
installation crew with their projects.
• Loading, unloading, preparing and assisting with the following materials; LED tubes and drivers, interior and
exterior LED fixtures and retrofit kits, LED exit signs, occupancy sensors, photocells weather stripping,
refrigeration motors and controls, cooler lights, etc.
• Assist installers with tasks related to projects, or assist any other team as requested.
• Anticipating needs of install as well as communicating and asking questions as needed to be productive
throughout the day.
• Collect extra materials, scrap, waste or misc. materials and supplies from the job site, loading, unloading
and/or returning items to the warehouse at the end of day.
• Completing preparation steps in order to recycle materials including wire stripping, separating materials by
type, loading items into bins, etc.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Previous work experience that shows reliability and skills applicable to this role
• Will be required to complete OSHA10 course within 90 days
• Must have reliable and insured vehicle to transport materials and supplies to various job sites throughout
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs., working inside and outside during all seasons, requires bending over, climbing
ladders, reaching overhead, as well as working at heights of up to 50ft
• Skilled with hand tools; screwdriver, pliers, wire strippers and small power tools
• Interest in growing technical knowledge to aspire to become a technician in the future
• Willingness to work occasional Saturdays
• Passion for energy efficiency – a basic understanding of Verde’s mission to achieve energy savings and install
• Optimism / Positivity: Expects to succeed. Remains resilient in the face of difficulties.
• Confidence: Inner strength. Will persist despite setbacks.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range $16.00 to $18.00 per hour, hours vary, expected 32 hours or more
If successful in role, can be promoted to Installer role with a $2.00 per hour increase.
After 3-6 months may be eligible to work on specific Prevailing Wage jobs which can result in $75.00 per hour or
more, hours and amounts can vary.
• PTO & Paid Holidays
• Health and dental coverage
• Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
• 401K/Retirement Plan – company matching contribution
• Profit-sharing program
• Tuition reimbursement & student loan assistance
• DIVVY bike membership
• Other various offerings
All benefit plans and offerings are reviewed annually and subject to change.
It is the policy of Verde Energy Efficiency Experts that employees should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of unlawful employment
discrimination. All decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will
be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor
that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Mission: Verde reduces energy and inefficiencies within our business community. We implement and stand behind our recommendations.
Vision: Changing the way businesses look at sustainability investment.
- Confident & resilient
- Taking pride in our work
- Humble & gracious
- Positive contagious energy
- Eloquent communication
- Curiously exploring new solutions
Our Outreach Analyst is responsible for meeting and nurturing new business that we can make and stand behind to save energy in the greater Chicagoland area. They are also responsible for assisting the other analysts in energy calculations, scopes of work, and report generation.
Please note – this position is an entry level position and requires a lot of cold calling through phone and email.
Need for Achievement: Sets demanding personal goals. Is ambitious. Strives for excellence. Willing to work as hard as it takes to get things done.
Optimism/Positivity: Expects to succeed. Remains resilient in the face of difficulties, objection, and rejection.
Confidence: Inner strength. Will persist despite setbacks. Not afraid to be pushed outside the comfort zone.
Communication: Clearly articulates complex and detailed concepts.
Relationship Building: Easily establishes and maintains relationships with prospects and clients. Service oriented, and always taking client needs into account.
Organization: Disciplined, follows through, juggles multiple tasks, conscientious. Can identify and catch small details.
Performance Expectations Year 1:
Understand key client profiles
Identify ideal clients and decision makers
Reach out cold to prospective clients
Articulate Verde’s value proposition – both verbal and written
Assess if the prospect’s high-level pain, gains, goals align with Verde’s products and services
Integrate/include analyst colleague for further qualification
Proven experience in reaching customers in an outbound fashion, whether sales, grassroots organizing, interviews, or other experience
Starting pay at $16.50 per hour at approximately 40 hours per week and full-time benefits. After meeting key competencies, bonus eligible. The next growth opportunity, after meeting key performance indicators, potential for a promotion to Energy Efficiency Analyst and eligible for a generous/competitive commission plan in addition to a base salary of $49,810.80, and unlimited PTO. Historically it has taken between 3-6 months for an outreach analyst to get promoted to energy efficiency analyst.
Average OTE year 1 – $50k-65k
Average OTE year 2 – $65k-90k
Average OTE year 3 – $90-120k
Average OTE year 4 – $100k-150k+
*Please note that since commissions are uncapped, top performers are eligible for OTE of a third or fourth year analyst as soon as their first year. The tiered commission structure allows for an increase of commission throughout the year after hitting predetermined revenue/gross margin goals.
Paid Holidays & Paid time off
Health and Dental
Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
401K/Retirement Plan – company matching contribution
Student Loan Repayment Program
Voluntary Employee Options • Vision Coverage • Flexible Spending Account • Legal Insurance Plan • Accident Insurance Identity Theft Protection Plan • Pet Insurance
All Plans and offerings are reviewed annually and subject to change
It is the policy of Verde Energy Efficiency Experts that employees should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination. All decisions regarding recruiting, hiring, promotion, assignment, training, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination