Public Sector energy efficiency improvements are a core pillar of the ComEd Energy Efficiency Program in Illinois. All businesses and public sector programs are available to participate in the Standard Program for energy efficiency program.
While buildings that are rated 0-100 kW are eligible for their own programs for small business and small facilities public sector, they are also able to participate in the standard program for business energy efficiency if they prefer.
Public sector opportunities include:
- Fire Stations
- Police Stations
- Public Work Buildings
- Municipal Buildings
- Mosquito Abatement District facilities
The Standard program is very versatile and does not require the usage of an ICC Certified Trade Ally to install the product. However, it might be helpful to purchase your products through an Instant Discount distributor such as Verde Energy Efficiency Experts to make sure the products you are installing are Design Light Consortium approved, as are often required for the incentives.
This program’s incentives, while lower than those targeting smaller facilities, are targeted toward larger facilities that often have a dedicated person to maintain supervision and staff on hand to replace lighting fixtures and advanced controls.
2020 Highlights of the Program include:
- $.50 per watt reduced incentives for LED lighting, including Type C Tube and Driver installation
- $ .18 per watt controlled daylighting plus occupancy controlled sensors
- Made in Illinois bonus of 10% on any fixture that is at least 50% manufactured and/or assembled in Illinois
- Opportunities for higher incentives for advanced lighting controls scenarios
- $4 incentive per square foot walk-in cooler and freezer strip curtains
- $60 incentive per EC Motor installed in walk-in cooler and freezers
- $90 incentive per EC Motor installed with evaporative fan speed controls for walk-in cooler and freezers
- $100 incentive per beverage machine controls
- $50 per ton of new rooftop HVAC unit installed
- $50 per ton controlled of economizer installed
- $10 per bathroom exhaust fan sensor installed
- $40-$75 per HP controlled Variable Speed Fan
- $20 incentive per high-efficiency air nozzle
- $100 incentive per no loss condensate drain
- $75 per HP – Integrated VSD on a new air compressor
Want to know your specific eligibility and where you can save energy? Hit us up and schedule a free energy efficiency walkthrough, which will share a customized report with all of your eligible ComEd rebates.