The Benefits of a No Loss Condensate Drain
Aug 29 2023
A no loss condensate drain is a device that removes condensate from a compressed air system without allowing any compressed air to escape. This is in contrast to a manual drain or a timed drain, which both allow some compressed air to escape when the condensate is removed. There can be huge energy savings, as well as potentially large rebates and incentives from the local utility energy efficiency program, when installing this product.
There are a number of benefits to no loss condensate drains.
- Reduced energy costs: Compressed air is a valuable resource, and any loss of compressed air can lead to increased energy costs. A no loss condensate drain helps to prevent this by eliminating the loss of compressed air when the condensate is removed.
- Improved air quality: Condensate can contain moisture, oil, and other contaminants. If this condensate is not removed from the compressed air system, it can contaminate the air and lead to problems with the system and the products that are produced with the air. A no loss condensate drain helps to prevent this by removing the condensate before it can contaminate the air.
- Increased system uptime: Condensate can also cause corrosion and blockages in the compressed air system. This can lead to downtime and repairs. A no loss condensate drain helps to prevent this by removing the condensate before it can cause damage to the system.
- Reduced maintenance costs: A no loss condensate drain can help to reduce maintenance costs by eliminating the need to manually drain the condensate. This can save time and money.
- Improved safety: Condensate can be a health hazard, especially in food and pharmaceutical industries. A no loss condensate drain helps to prevent the spread of contaminants and the risk of injury.
Overall, a no loss condensate drain is a valuable investment for any business that uses compressed air. It can help to save energy, improve air quality, increase system uptime, reduce maintenance costs, and improve safety.
Some additional benefits of a no loss condensate drain:
- Increased product quality: A no loss condensate drain can help to improve the quality of products that are produced with compressed air. This is because the air will be free of moisture and other contaminants, which can affect the quality of the products.
- Extended equipment life: A no loss condensate drain can help to extend the life of compressed air equipment by preventing corrosion and blockages. This can save money on repairs and replacements.
- Reduced noise levels: A no loss condensate drain can help to reduce noise levels in the workplace. This is because the condensate is removed quietly, without the need for a noisy pump or valve.
If you are considering installing a no loss condensate drain, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that the drain is compatible with your compressed air system. Second, you need to choose a drain that is the right size for your system. Third, you need to install the drain properly.
A no loss condensate drain is a wise investment for any business that uses compressed air. It can help to save money, improve air quality, increase system uptime, and reduce maintenance costs. If you are considering installing a no loss condensate drain, I encourage you to do so. The benefits are clear, and the investment is well worth it.
May 02 2019
In our energy efficiency consulting firm, we constantly look for inspiration from local companies that lead and innovate in clean energy and sustainability. Not all companies have billion dollar budgets, but that doesn’t mean that…
Get An Energy Efficiency Assessment
Please fill out the form below and connect with an energy efficiency consultant.
5328 N Northwest Highway
Chicago, IL 60630
T (773) 413-9587